1. Where can people follow you online, and who are your followers?
Hi Friends! My Name is Bea Mendivil, I am very active on social media especially when it comes to hiking and birding- and generally showing off the beauty of Southeast AZ! My handle is @Iamcarbybea
2. How long have you been actively using social media to share content?
I Have been active for quite some time, however- sharing my passion for the outdoors and taking care of the environment became a huge part of my platform in late 2014.
3. What led you to begin using social media as a platform, and how do your outdoor adventures fit that platform?
Social Media has been growing exponentially in the past 15 years, it is through social media that I found a way to promote and support conservation efforts by showcasing all the Beauty that surrounds us in Southeast AZ. I love the communities that come together to create inclusive spaces in the outdoors, while educating and recruiting community ambassadors.
4. What does nature and the outdoors mean to you?
Nature means health, abundance and sanity in a world that seems beyond chaotic at times.
5. How do you think social media and other communications can influence good stewardship of the outdoors?
I think Social Media tends to be underutilized. Everyone that wants to explore- wants to learn. Whenever I visit a place- I think of the land- the original Stewards (of the land I am exploring), and the ways we may honor both. By mindfully continuing to learn- and sharing our very own experiences- we may encourage folks to take part in conservation- by telling us their own stories through photos, stories, and highlights.
6. What else do you want people to know about you?
I am a huge fan of species of all kinds- including Humans! I believe that a huge part of conservation is taking care of one another. My purpose of advocating for Environmental Justice includes highlighting that both Social and Economic Justice are directly intertwined with our efforts to take care of the natural world.